Teri Hatcher has hit out at the producers of Desperate Housewives for firing her on-screen daughter from the show. Teri was devastated when she discovered Andrea Bowen would not be a part of the regular cast for the next season of the show.

In the finale, which aired on Sunday, the cast was transported five years into the future - and Bowen’s character Julie was revealed to be a student at Princeton University.

As a result, the character will be absent from the next season of the show - and Hatcher thinks that is a mistake.

She tells USA Today, “She (Bowen) is somebody who I have done the majority of my work with for four years. I’ve watched her grow up from 13 to 18, get a driver’s license. I can’t begin to tell you the depths of how impossibly hard it is for me to think about her not being there. This is a totally producer/network decision that I have nothing to do with, and I guess I can go out on a limb and say I don’t support.”

Starpulse